Government agencies find the most benefit in BIM’s ability to considerably reduce costs and resource consumption, as well as the ability to fully demonstrate proposed projects. BIM ensures the optimized delivery of a more efficient and higher quality buildings. BIM analysis tools can help increase a building’s resource efficiency and create sustainable designs that are not only environmentally-friendly but fiscally responsible as well. Some of the benefits for the Government Agencies:
- Increased Building Performance
- Reduced Financial Risk
- Shorter Project Schedule
- Accurate and Reliable Cost Estimates
EXISTING CONDITIONS MODELING / RECORD MODELING
During this process BPS Team develops a 3D model of the current state of the facility. This allows to obtain information about whether the project is designed for new construction or renovation. A visual representation of the current physical condition of the environment and resources of the object is created. In case of continuous updating, improvement of the documentary model and expand of its storage capabilities, this model will contain a true depiction of space.
- Documents the current view of the building
- Provides documentation of the environment for the future use
- Improves the efficiency and accuracy of documentation on the current state
- Promotes future modeling and 3D design coordination
- Used for visualization
During this process BIM model is used to evaluate the performance of the territory. BPS Team uses the collected data to select the best site and to position the building on the basis of other criteria.
- Reduces the cost of utility demand and demolition
- Helps to choose the right decision, based on whether a potential site meets necessary criteria, depending on the requirements of the project, as well as on technical and financial factors
- Maximizes ROI (return on investment)
During this process BPS Team uses spatial program to efficiently and accurately estimate the design features of the building in accordance with spatial demands. This allows to take a fundamentally important decisions at the design stage and maximize the effectiveness of the project during the discussion of customer needs and options, as well as during the analysis of the best approach.
- Allows effective and accurate assessment of the design characteristics of the building in accordance with the spatial requirements of the owner
During this process BPS Team uses the BIM tools of analysis and performance simulations to improve the design of the object and reduce energy consumption throughout its life cycle in the future.
- Improves the quality and reduce the processing time of project analysis
- Speeds up the ROI (return on investment) through the audit and application of various analytical tools within engineering analysis
- Helps to achieve energy-efficient design solutions by applying various scientific analyzes and approaches
During this process BPS Team uses 3D software to create a Building Information Model based on criteria that is important for the development of a building project. Design authoring tools are the first step towards BIM-technology, which allows to connect to a 3D model with the database on the quantities, properties, means and methods, costs and construction schedules.
- Ensures a close collaboration between the owners and the users of BIM-model
- Creates transparency of design for all stakeholders
- Provides a powerful visualization of the project
- Improves the control quality of project costs and schedules
- Improves design quality assurance and control
During this process BPS Team uses a 3D model to evaluate meeting the program and set criteria, such as layout, safety, lighting, ergonomics, acoustics, colors and textures.As part of this process, virtual mock-ups can created for faster analysis of project alternatives, design solutions and technological problems.
- Allows to assess the effectiveness of the project in terms of eligibility for the construction program and the needs of the owner
- Eliminates inconsistencies that would have been visible only on the finished sketch
- Models potential solutions in real time, revise permissible errors and respond to all requests for information
- Helps to avoid the use of expensive and time-consuming traditional building sketches
- Allows end users or project owners to simulate various design options and alternatives in real time
- Allows to preview the appearance and layout of the building in a virtual environment
- Reduces the time and increases the efficiency of project evaluation
- Allows to easily communicate project to the owner, construction team and end users, with instant verification of compliance of the project requirements and needs of the owner, space and appearance requirements
BPS Team uses special software during the coordination process to identify field conflicts in the project by matching 3D models of building systems. The purpose of this process is to eliminate large-scale system conflicts before the installation.
- Provides opportunities for visualization of construction sequence, progress and logistics
- Reduces the cost of construction and potentially reduces the growth of costs (fewer change orders)
- Eliminates the field conflicts that significantly reduces RFI’s
- Reduces the time of construction
- Increases productivity on site
- Provides a more accurate as-built drawings
During this process, BPS Team uses BIM-model for an accurate preliminary calculation of the amount of work and cost estimates at early design stages, taking into account the financial impact of amendments and changes to the project, potentially saving time and money, and avoid budget overruns. This process also provides information on the financial impact of the changes, which helps to limit budget overruns.
- Allows to accurately estimate the required amount of materials and, if necessary, to make it quick adjustments
- Helps to stay within budget as the design
- Gives the best visual representation of the design and construction elements that are necessary to evaluate
- Allows to provide information to the project owner during the decision-making early in the design
- Allows the evaluation focus on activities associated with the greatest increase costs (construction and installation work, pricing and factoring risks) that is crucial for making a qualitative assessment
- Explores the various engineering opportunities and ideas within the budget of the owner
- Saves time appraisers and allows them to focus on more important issues as workload estimation is made automatically
BPS Team uses an organized management system that effectively contributes to the operation and maintenance of the facility and its resources. The resources consist of the actual physical construction, its various systems, environment and equipment, it is necessary to maintain, operate and upgrade with the efficiency sufficient to meet the owner and the user object with the minimum adequate cost. This contributes to financial decision-making, both in the short and long term. Resource management using data entered in the documentary model to determine the financial impact of changes or modifications to the building of resources, cost sharing resources for financial and tax purposes as well as for conducting the current comprehensive database that can determine the value of the company’s resources.
- Stores instructions for maintenance and operation of the facility for the owner and users with equipment specifications
- Allows to assess the condition of the equipment and buildings, and analyze the results
- Maintains current data on facilities and equipment, including maintenance schedule, guarantees, financial data, data modification, substitution, damage / deterioration of the object, record maintenance, manufacturer’s data, the functionality of the equipment and other data requested by the owner
- Provides a single comprehensive database to track usage, performance and service resources for the building owner, service team and finance department
- Provides an accurate inventory of current resources of the company, which promotes financial reporting, quotation generation and evaluation of future costs to modify or replace specific resource
- Allows future update documented model to demonstrate knowledge of current resources building after modification, replacement or service by tracking changes
- Contributes to Finance Department for effective analysis of different types of resources by improving visualization
- Expands opportunities for measurement and control systems in Check-building